American Rescue Plan Act Funding
Nether Providence has been allocated $1.4 million in funding through the American Rescue Plan Act. The Board of Commissioners is considering possible uses of the funds. The Federal Government has placed strict limitations in how the funds can be used, but some of the eligible uses can be found below:
- Water projects – treatment, transmission, and distribution of water, source rehabilitation and decontamination, storage, consolidation, and new systems development.
- Sewer projects – construction of publicly owned treatment works, nonpoint source pollution management, national estuary program projects, decentralized wastewater treatment systems, stormwater systems, water conservation, technical assistance to ensure compliance with the Clean Water Act.
- Broadband infrastructure – projects to serve unserved or underserved households and businesses.
- Cybersecurity – modernization of cybersecurity, including hardware, software, and protection of critical infrastructure up to the amount of revenue lost due to the public health emergency.
- Essential Worker Pay
- Contributions to small business or nonprofits (501 c(3))
INELIGIBLE PROJECTS include:
- road resurfacing
- park improvements
- tax reductions
- adding to fund balance
Listed below are some possible stormwater projects that could be addressed:
|1||Parkridge Dr Drainage Improvements||installation of additional inlets & infiltration trench||$25,000||WRPP|
|2||Canterbury Dr Stormwater Facility||installation of stormwater basin||$95,000||WRPP|
|3||Hemlock Rd Bioswale||construction of bioswale||$75,000||WRPP|
|4||Gouley Park Bioswale||construction of bioswale||$ 25,000||WRPP|
|5||Furness Park – Dick’s Run Streambank Stabilization||streambank stabilization||$ 100,000||WRPP|
|Sanitary Sewer||$ 320,000|
|1||Beatty Run Sanitary Sewer Rehabilitation||relining of 1,110 feet of sanitary sewer||$ 200,000||SWSG|
|2||Rose Valley Road Sanitary Sewer Rehabilitation||relining of 400 feet of sanitary sewer||$45,000||SWSG|
|3||Bickmore Dr Area Sanitary Sewer Manhole Rehabilitation||rehabilitation of 36 manholes||$ 180,000||SWSG|
|1||Shepherds Lane Culvert Replacement||replacement of old steel culvert||$ 25,000|
|2||Berkshire Drive Drainage Improvements||installation of underdrain to collect sump pump discharges||$ 30,000|
|3||Henry Lane Drainage Improvements||installation of storm sewer system||$ 150,000|
|4||Palmers Lane Drainage Improvements – Phase 1||construction of parallel storm sewer – Palmers Lane||$ 160,000|
|5||Palmers Lane Drainage Improvements – Phase 2||replacement of storm sewer – Briarwood Lane||$ 180,000|
|6||E Rose Valley Drainage Improvements||extension of storm sewer||$ 200,000|
|7||Pine Ridge Culvert Replacement||replacement of storm sewer – Beechwood to Hemlock||$ 40,000|