The 2020 budget was passed at the December 19th Board of Commissioners meeting. Information on the budgets can be found here:
- The 2020 millage rate is set at 5.731 mills. This 2.56% increase from the 2019 rate is the lowest increase in the last four years and was largely driven by several contractual cost increases.
- The new 5.731 millage equates to an increase of $25 for a home at the Township’s average assessment.
- Some highlights of the 2020 budget include:
- Salaries for the Township police, public works and administrative employees will rise by 3%.
- The Township was able to increase its contribution to the Furness Library
- The Township will spend $120,000 in 2020 as “matches” for a series of grant-funded projects. These projects involve the installation of sidewalks and improvements to the Summit School site and Furness Park and have a total projected cost of $2.8 million.