Last Week of Leaf Collection December 10th
Please have your leaves at the curb by December 10th for the final pickup. After this, the Township crews will not be returning, and you will have to bag your leaves and schedule a pickup.
- There is no set schedule since there are many factors that can affect the weekly scheduling (such as the weather, the amount of leaves out, and the leaf machines), however, the trucks will pass through each of the wards at least once a week.
- Please keep your leaves at the curb but NOT in the street. Leaves in the street can cause safety issues as cars will swerve around piles into oncoming traffic, the leaves can create slippery conditions, and the leaves will wash into the storm drains and create blockages.
- Please do not bag the leaves. They are sucked up by a leaf vacuum, so the bagging is not necessary.
- No other yard waste, besides leaves, should be included in the piles. This will cause problems for the machines. The non-leaf yard waste is mulched at the Township’s leaf-site, whereas the yard waste is taken off-site. For that reason, yard waste and leaves cannot be co-mingled.
- Please do not park vehicles in front of the leaf piles as the workers will be unable to collect them. They will not be able to return until the following week to collect them if something is blocking the pile.
If you believe it has been more than a week since your leaves were collected, please call the Township building at 610-566-4516.